Top 10 Best Winter Getaways You Should Check Out In 2023
Undoubtedly winter is the best time to explore some of the most tempting international holiday destinations with or without family. It is a better option to take advantage of not being tired so easily in the season of snow. To make your winter more cherishing, you can choose some exotic holiday destinations worldwide. With the help of various online travel booking app, you can find some really good places for winter exploration.
Everything has its charm in the snow season, from desert safari to wildlife visits, from contemporary ruins visits to continental cuisines.
Here you can check many of the best and most enjoyable winter gateways. But before that, you must get some do’s and don’ts that may come in handy while enjoying the trip.
Do’s while traveling in the winter:
- Always keep your appropriate winter dress ready. It must consist of gloves, jackets, boots, portable blankets, etc.
- Always check your transport system before planning your trip. In some places, due to heavy snow, transportation services get disturbed. Take proper information related to local transport services like cabs, buses, metro, etc.
- Take care of your skin while traveling in the winter season. Always keep moisture with you for better care against skin dryness.
- Stay hydrated. Drink water as much as possible. It can help you to overcome a sluggish situation in winter.
- Always have proper food, especially if you plan to drive on the road in your destination.
- Keep alternate routes ready in case there is any heavy snowfall occurs.
- Maintain hygiene always. Use a mask and sanitizer whenever required.
- Always check the winter weather in your destination. You need to pack some other stuff accordingly.
- Bring general medicine with you.
Don’ts while traveling in the winter
- Do not use a cotton dress to save you from lower temperatures.
- Only go outside with checking your vehicle, especially if you are willing to rent a bike or car for driving on the road to your dream destination.
- Never try to book your flight and hotels at the last moment. In some places, winter is the right season to travel, which makes winter a peak season for traveling. Book your flight in advance to avoid hassle.
- Refrain from outweighing your luggage. You need to carry your luggage alone, which may create health problems.
Well, if you follow these basic safety rules for traveling in winter, you can enjoy it to the fullest. Here are some best travel destinations to cheer up your winter days.
- Krabi: It is one of the best places in Thailand’s coastal areas for beach lovers. As the place is known for its impeccable beauty, you can improve your winter days. In Krabi, you can visit Phi Phi Island, Ao Nang, Railway Beach, Ko Lanta, Ko Poda, etc. Make sure to buy some souvenirs from Local Thai tribal handicraft stores. You can book flights to Thailand to reach Krabi.
- Cape Town: The southernmost city of Africa will make your winter very special with its historical significance. You can enjoy a romantic and dynamic nightlife scene in Cape Town. You can visit Table Mountain, the National Botanical Garden, Robben Island, the Castle of Good Hope, etc. Remember to go for beach hopping, wine tasting, and hiking on the mountain trail in Cape Town.
- Maldives: This is the most romantic getaway for couples. Small islets, crystal blue water, and luxurious homestays alongside the sea are memorable and undeniable things to do in the Maldives. You can visit Male, Maafushi, Addu City, Fulidhoo, etc in the Maldives. You can buy expensive, beautiful souvenirs like miniature wooden boats, mats, etc. Make sure to go for snorkeling and underwater restaurant dining in the Maldives.
- Goa: One of India’s most vibrant and dynamic beach cities is Goa, another better winter gateway. It is considered the queen of beaches for its unique beauty. Visit Palkem beach, Patnem beach, Colomb beach, Aguada beach, etc. Here you can purchase some fresh cashew nuts, kokum, etc.
- Rio de Janeiro: To experience a vivid and energetic lifestyle, you can visit the capital city of Brazil in winter. You can experience a full-day carnival aura in Rio de Janeiro. In this place, you must visit Christ the Redeemer, Sugarloaf Mountain, Maracaibo, etc. Go for some Brazilian ceramic handicrafts that can be decorated in your home.
- Sydney: Nothing can be a better option than Sydney to celebrate Christmas on the beach. With many monuments, exotic restaurants, and awe-inspiring sightseeing, your winter days will be perfect in Sydney. You should visit Sydney Harbor Bridge, Opera House, Bondi Beach, etc in Sydney.
- Italy: To experience majestic winter views, you can travel to Italy. In Italy, you can understand the real beauty of the spring-Christmas vibe. Also, visit Tuscany, the Vatican Museum, etc. Remember to taste freshly baked pizza or smokey pasta in an authentic Italian restaurant.
Apart from all these, you can also visit Cuba, Ecuador, Bali, Costa Rica, Austria, etc places. The list is endless. Now it is time to pick the destination and book your international flights immediately to make your winter days even better with lifetime memories.