The Best Places To Visit In South Africa Holidays This Christmas
Christmas is a time to be with family and friends, celebrate the holiday season, and of course, enjoy the festive cheer! If you’re planning on travelling to South Africa this Christmas, make sure to check out some of our top pick destinations! If you’re looking to make the most of your Christmastime in South Africa, there are a few places you should definitely check out. From wine-filled towns to white-sand beaches, here are five of the best destinations to visit this South Africa Holidays season.
- Stellenbosch – Home to some of South Africa’s most iconic wineries, Stellenbosch is the perfect place to celebrate Christmas. Not only can you sip on some delicious wine while strolling around town, but you can also enjoy festive festivities like fireworks displays and amazing light shows.
- Cape Point National Park – If you want to get away from the crowds and spend Christmas Day by the sea, head to Cape Point National Park. There are plenty of hiking trails available, so you can take in stunning views of Table Mountain and the Atlantic Ocean. And if that’s not enough incentive, consider spending New Year’s Eve here too – it’s sure to be an unforgettable experience.
- Hermanus – If you’re looking for a relatively undiscovered destination that offers beautiful scenery and excellent wine-tasting opportunities, check out Hermanus.
The most popular Christmas destinations in South Africa this year
- Cape Town – The iconic city is always a popular choice for visitors, who can enjoy festive shopping and festivities on the streets, or go out to see the spectacularly lit Table Mountain.
- Durban – Just down the coast is one of South Africa Holidays most cosmopolitan and vibrant cities, with plenty of events and activities on offer for those wishing to celebrate Christmas.
- Johannesburg – This huge metropolis has something for everyone, from festive markets and churches to snow-covered mountains and lakes.
- Victoria Falls – A natural wonder that’s never too crowded during Christmas, this stunning stretch of water features mist-enshrouded rainforest as well as gorgeously illuminated landscapes.
- Boulders Beach – One of Cape Town’s lesser known but much loved beaches, this secluded spot offers stunning ocean views and plenty of peace and quiet at this special time of year.
Victoria Falls is one of the most beautiful and well-known tourist destinations in. The falls are situated on the Zambezi River in Zambia, and just a short drive from Zimbabwe. Visitors can enjoy a variety of activities such as rafting, hiking, bird watching, and safari tours. Another great thing about Victoria Falls is that it’s an excellent place to spend Christmas. The area is decorated in festive lights and there are special events taking place throughout the holiday season. South Africa’s Kruger National Park is a top destination for travellers this Christmas. Home to spectacular animal wildlife, the park offers visitors a chance to see some of the continent’s most iconic creatures such as lions, elephants and rhinos. In addition to its awe-inspiring animals, the park is also home to some of South Africa’s most beautiful scenery including rolling grasslands and towering mountains.